Tom specialises in commercial contracts, IT and intellectual property. His work covers a broad range of legal issues and types of agreement, but particular areas of focus include cloud-based / SaaS solutions, consumer contracts and regulatory issues such as data protection.
Tom works with clients across a variety of sectors, from niche technology start-up firms to large multinationals and major national retail clients. He acts on high value and business critical commercial contracts and has also prepared many framework agreements and standard terms and conditions for clients, together with regularly advising on a whole range of “business as usual” legal issues and agreements.
- Advising a major utility provider in respect of a business critical agreement with its warehouse management system supplier.
- Advising a fast-growing cloud-based delivery management platform on its customer contracts, including preparing its standard terms and negotiating agreements with major brands.
- Negotiating a new UK-wide logistics agreement for a national retailer.
- Advising on the launch of a “sharing economy” style community and peer-to-peer services app.
- Advising a global domestic appliance manufacturer on the intellectual property issues arising out of the acquisition of a well-known brand.