How we help our clients
We live in an ever-changing world where innovative technologies continually test both the boundaries of business and society.
We provide advice that reflects the latest market developments. Our work covers areas including:
- outsourcing and systems management;
- software development, transfer and licensing;
- software and hardware support and maintenance;
- procurement of data centre related services (physical and virtual);
- domain names and website development;
- disaster recovery;
- procurement projects; and
Failure to supply a technology solution – whether that is hardware, software or cloud-based – can have a significant impact on a business’ profitability, performance and reputation. Customer relationships can be damaged if a business is unable to service their needs due to a system failure.
Our IT disputes specialists work alongside the technology lawyers and respond proactively to find a commercial solution at the earliest stage.
Our team is supported by experts across the group, including our IT disputes, intellectual property, commercial and IP disputes teams.
Our technology clients include start-up businesses, SMEs and more established corporations. We act for technology businesses as well as organisations that are users of technology.
Gateley ‘really understands the technology sector’ is skilled at advising on all types of non-contentious information technology work especially those relating to data flows (and international data flows), cloud computing and large scale IT procurement.
- Advising a client in the energy sector on the procurement of D365 for Field Operations from Microsoft. This was an innovative deal worth £15m undertaken on very short timelines. It involved the introduction of new technologies to allow a very large team of engineers to be better rostered and to ensure that they had the right skill and parts for the jobs allocated to them.
- Advising a global utility on its £20m SAP support contract.
- Advising a FTSE100 utility on a £200m+ cloud computing project.
- Advising multiple businesses in all sectors on GDPR compliance.
- Advising a major insurer on the outsourcing of its IT and telecommunications systems.
- Advising a major insurer in connection with RDR-compliant systems procurement.
- Principal external IS advisor to a FTSE 100 utility (advising on many projects including international data centres, privacy compliance systems procurement, security and penetration testing, application development).
- Advising a clinical trials company in relation to GDPR-compliant collection of personal data.
- Advising a major utility provider in respect of a business critical agreement with its warehouse management system supplier.
- Advising a fast-growing cloud-based delivery management platform on its customer contracts, including preparing its standard terms and negotiating agreements with major brands.
- Working with a FTSE 250 retail client to help it prepare for GDPR compliance.
- Advising a FTSE 100 insurer on creation of a server farm to process risk data for reporting to regulators.
- Advising an IT services and consultancy business on an Indian joint venture.
- Advising on the procurement of principal data centre services and public cloud services (on a hybrid cloud basis) for a FTSE 100 utility.
- Advising management and financiers on the secondary buy-out of a cloud software business, after securing investment from a private equity investor.
- Advising on the development and supply of monitoring technology and data services to a national railway provider.