- t: 01204 362888
- m: 07768 651 363
Bill is a Director in our Built Environment team providing construction consultancy services to developers, agencies, consultants, end users and the like both here in the UK and in Europe. His proficiency is soundly based on his 40 plus years’ experience of providing hands on quantity surveying, project management and other related services for a diverse range of projects in the commercial and public sectors.
Bill is responsible for the delivery of quantity surveying, project management, employer’s agent and development monitoring services on a varied range of new build and refurbishment projects with values up to £200m. He provides strategic cost, risk management and procurement advice for major landmark projects across a range of sectors including commercial offices, industrial, leisure, residential, retail and education. He also acts as Expert Witness in legal cases relating to disputes on quantum.
Bill is a Chairman of Assessors for the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) and was a former Chairman of the Manchester Branch of the Junior Organisation and member of the Quantity Surveyors Divisional Council. He has presented lectures at the Manchester College of Building, Chester University and Manchester School of Architecture and has presented several seminars to property professionals. He has been an RICS Prize winner on three occasions.
How do you help clients?
I help customers achieve added value in their projects by managing and advising on cost matters and developing solutions to exceed their requirements.
I use an efficient and methodical approach to help clients identify and solve challenges and mitigate project risks.
- Acting as Quantity Surveyor for a range of education facilities including a £10m new build Construction Skills facility for Oldham College, new build schools and extensions to existing schools for Cheshire County Council in Cheshire, and the £7.5m Manchester Schools expansion project at William Hulme’s Grammar School and Manchester Academy for United Learning.
- Acting as Quantity Surveyor for a £3.5m office and leisure refurbishment and fit out at Express Buildings for PJD Holdings Ltd.
- Delivering cost planning services in relation to a £200m masterplan of 2,200 dwellings in Langley.
- Acting as Quantity Surveyor for a 12,000m2 new build high bay warehouse for Salton Europe in Wolverhampton with a contract value of £8m.
- Acting as Project Monitor for a PFI procured £50m 800-bed new build prison, including canteen and training, health and visitor centres for Corrections Corporation of America in Salford.