Paul provides both pension scheme trustees and employers with day-to-day advice in relation to the management and operation of their pension schemes, as well as assisting with the pension aspects of corporate transactions.
- Advising the trustee of a pension scheme on its duties in respect of the sponsoring employer's proposal to transfer the assets and liabilities of the scheme into a receiving scheme and subsequently advising on the successful implementation of that proposal.
- Advising on the pension aspects of corporate transactions and restructuring, including the implementation of scheme apportionment arrangements, and liaising with the Pensions Regulator.
- Advising the trustee of a scheme in respect of a potential historic error in the scheme's governing documentation that meant a purported change to the scheme's benefit structure may not have been validly made.
- Advising on, and drafting documentation in relation to, contingent assets and new funding structures (for example reservoir trusts and asset-backed funding vehicles).
- Reviewing and negotiating investment management agreements and fund-governing documentation.