Pension disputes can be a technical minefield, with high stakes and a high potential for damage to match.
We are skilled in guiding clients through this complex world, dealing with diverse issues ranging from risk assessment, right through to formal Court and regulatory proceedings.
What do we do?
We’re highly experienced in advising employers, trustees and beneficiaries on all types of pension disputes. Where alternative dispute resolution is deemed a more appropriate avenue, we have access to in-house specialists in adjudication, arbitration and mediation.
We take a pragmatic approach to resolving pension scheme disputes and see Court as a last resort. But if litigation proves to be the only way forward, we have the right experience to manage complex litigation, whichever party we’re acting for. And our aim is always to resolve disputes as fast as possible with minimum fuss.
We regularly advise on pension disputes involving:
- Regulatory disputes
- UK Pensions Regulator moral hazard powers
- Member disputes, including complaints to the Pensions Ombudsman, the PFF Ombudsman and the Financial Ombudsman Service
- Validity of scheme amendments
- Correcting errors in scheme documentation
- Administrative errors like over- and underpayment of pension
- Self-Invested Personal Pensions
- Scheme funding disputes
- Claims against pensions professionals
Clients underline the team’s ‘thorough preparation of the case’ and report that the lawyers ‘understand client needs very well’.
Who do we help?
We act for trustees, employers and beneficiaries on a wide variety of pension disputes.