Occupational pension schemes can be complex, and running them efficiently and in compliance with the latest regulation can be a challenge.
What do we do?
Rather than simply stating the law we present our advice and recommendations on an occupational pension scheme clearly and concisely to save our clients time and trouble. Whatever the size or value of the occupational pension scheme, our team cuts straight through the complexity. By taking a proactive and pragmatic approach, we find realistic solutions that keep our clients in control.
We advise trustees and employers on all issues affecting the running of their occupational pension schemes, including:
- Trustee duties and overriding legislation
- The interpretation of scheme rules, and drafting deeds and rules
- Merging schemes and winding-up schemes
- Scheme funding negotiations including implementing new structures such as surety bonds and asset-backed funding vehicles
- Liability management projects, including buy-outs, pension increase exchanges and enhanced transfer exercises
- Investment management agreements and other investment vehicles such as fiduciary management.
We also support any transactions where occupational pension scheme issues may arise (including making clearance applications to the Pensions Regulator), and handle pensions disputes when things go wrong. Our occupational pension scheme team often deliver training seminars to trustees and employers on topical pensions-related issues.
Well-regarded pensions team advising trustees and employers on scheme maintenance, establishment and closure questions... ‘It's a very strong legal team that excels right across the board’.
Who do we help?
We act for over 100 occupational pension schemes of many different shapes and sizes – defined benefit, defined contribution and hybrid. We also act for a range of international corporates in relation to their UK pension arrangements.