June 24, 2021
How to fund start-up and small businesses through tax advantaged equity schemes – EIS and SEIS
- Time: 10 a.m. - 11 a.m.
- Update / Virtual
In this live webinar, expert James Gopsill will cover a number of areas of tax that will help when setting up and funding a new business.
What areas will we look at during the webinar?
- What size of company can attract EIS and SEIS funding;
- Which trades are eligible;
- The UK connection;
- How much can be raised via these schemes;
- What must the money be used for;
- When must it be used;
- What are the tax advantages for the investor;
- Can employees and directors invest via these schemes;
- Can existing shareholders invest in these schemes;
- What type of shares must the investor hold;
- The problem of “preference”;
- The problem of risk reduction;
- Monitoring share capital and loan structures – the need for vigilance;
- Thinking ahead - obtaining advance assurance from HMRC;
- What if it goes wrong – the use of tax losses.