Kenneth acts for a wide range of debt funders in the real estate market. As well as acting on real estate investment transactions, Kenneth advises lenders and borrowers on development finance matters. He also has expertise in lending in the healthcare sector.
How do you help clients?
I help clients structure transactions. This may include ensuring that the transaction is the most tax-efficient structure possible and in that regard I work closely with my tax colleagues.
Structuring deals may also include ensuring that the financial institutions have full recourse to the obligors that they are seeking to recover from in a distressed situation and that all commercial benefit issues are addressed.
I also review any structure to ensure that it is not ‘over engineered’ and that a practical and commercial approach as to what needs to be undertaken by way of legal due diligence is applied to the transaction.
I seek to drive transactions forward to meet the aspiration deadlines set by both my client and the other parties to the transaction.
I initiate sourcing debt providers to borrower clients.
- Acting for a funder providing £180m worth of debt finance in respect of a £400m gross development value residential development in London.
- Acting for a lender in respect of restructuring a facility encompassing six commercial sites within the UK.
- Acting for a challenger bank in respect of restructuring their security drawdown process.
- Acting for a lender in providing a revolving credit facility in the healthcare sector.
- Acting for a borrower on an Islamic finance transaction in connection with the purchase of an office block in the North East.