Force majeure typically describes an event that occurs that is beyond the control of the parties and prevents them from fulfilling contractual obligations.
But there is no precise legal definition of force majeure, and so what will constitute a force majeure event? This can be very difficult to predict with certainty, and there has been much debate over recent years, particularly with the arrival of the pandemic.
The webinar will consider:
- What does force majeure mean and what are its origins?
- What are the requirements for force majeure and what is the court’s approach?
- How do the standard form contracts address force majeure?
- Force majeure in practice
- Top five tips to takeaway
Who should watch?
This is essential viewing for any construction professionals including contractors, sub-contractors, developers and construction consultants.