Adam is head of the Real Estate team in Nottingham and a key partner in Gateley’s nationally recognised Real Estate practice. His clients include investment funds, occupiers and both public and private sector organisations involved in regeneration and development schemes of all values.
He is a real estate investment and development specialist, with particular expertise in purpose built PRS (BTR) and student accommodation schemes, investment fund transactions and healthcare related property matters.
His experience includes site assembly, joint venture and profit share arrangements, development agreements, investment acquisitions, funding agreements, property management agreements, the negotiation of institutionally acceptable leases, pre-lets and forward sales as well as general property and landlord and tenant transactions.
How do you help clients?
I am focused on achieving my clients’ objectives. I enjoy working with a client to understand their business and then delivering the commercial outcome they want whilst still protecting their positon in the best way possible. I see my role as being to advise on both practical and legal steps that can be taken, or not, to ensure that the transaction can proceed in line with the client’s expectations. I can’t claim to have come up with the theory but I firmly believe that a lawyer needs to be ‘three As’ – Available, Affable and Able.
- Advising Custodian REIT Plc in relation to its £500m-plus investment property portfolio, including the acquisition and disposal of numerous completed investments, the forward funding of a variety of schemes, and general asset management advice.
- Acting for Starwood Capital Group on the purchase of c£50m of purpose-built student accommodation in the North East of England and a further c£20m in the North West, on both a forward purchase and a completed basis, as part of the initial portfolio of a £120m UK student accommodation fund.
- Working with property developer Bildurn on its 108,000 sq. ft. mixed use hotel, retail and office development at The Pod in Nottingham. This included the letting of 19,000 sq. ft. of office space to the TDX Group as offices, as well as additional lettings to Node4, Nisbetts and a gym operator. Subsequently leading on the disposal of the completed development to an institutional fund for c£18m.
- Advising health property developer and investor MedicX, on the acquisition, development, letting and disposal of a health centre in Corby Glen, Lincolnshire and on the development of a new state of the art primary care medical centre based in Arnold, Nottingham let to a GP practice, pharmacy and primary care providers.
- Advising Fresenius Medical Care in relation to its nationwide renal dialysis clinics portfolio including freehold purchases, leases, sale and leasebacks, disposals, and developments. Involving recent projects in Bath, Birmingham, Exeter, London and Manchester.