Partner & National head of Planning
- t: 0161 836 7724
- m: 0780 266 3593
Andrew heads the national Planning team. He specialises in planning, highways, compulsory purchase & compensation and local government law and is an experienced public inquiry advocate.
Andrew acts for an extensive range of clients including landowners, developers, housebuilders and retailers, as well as public sector bodies. He has experience of acting on all types of development, in and out of centre retail, employment, residential, roads, airports, stadia and tall buildings.
How do you help clients?
- I provide strategic advice to my clients to bring forward development proposals.
- I help clients to mitigate judicial review risk.
- I assist clients with dealing with planning applications, appeals, inquiries and court work.
- I help my clients by auditing planning applications and environmental statements.
- Advising Yorkcourt Properties Ltd for many years in respect of a strategic business park and housing site in Wakefield for 1,500 houses.
- Sports Stadia and enabling retail or employment development at St Helens Rugby League Football Club, Wakefield Trinity Rugby League Football Club and Lancashire County Cricket Club.
- Warehousing and distribution sites in the green belt at Wakefield Hub for Newmarket Lane Limited and Parkside, St Helens for Langtree Limited.
- Compulsory Purchase Order Compensation and Certificate of Appropriate Alternative Development Appeal success for Pro-Investments in London.
- Tall Towers for the Beetham Organisation.