Edmund acts for a variety of funders – banks and finance houses – dealing with a range of contentious and non-contentious asset finance and banking matters.
Edmund’s non-contentious experience includes acting for funders in drafting and reviewing key transaction and security documents, producing and registering bills of sale over high-value assets (often with international elements), taking security over assets, and drafting Consumer Credit Act 1974 notices.
In his contentious practice, Edmund’s experience includes fraud, bankruptcy and winding-up petitions, asset recoveries, charging orders over land, investigating title issues and satisfactory quality disputes.
Edmund regularly contributes articles to industry publications including Leasing World, Leasing Life and the Consumer Credit Trade Association (CCTA).
Gateley were awarded with the Leasing World 2022 awards for the "Top Asset Finance Law firm of the Year".
- Acting for various leasing companies in preparing precedent corporate and personal guarantees, and licences for sub-hire.
- Successfully applying for and obtaining summary judgment against a personal guarantor on behalf of a finance house.
- Acting for various funders in financing single or multiple high-value vehicles through bills of sale, often with international elements.
- Acting for various funders in negotiating settlement terms with personal guarantors and securing clients’ interests by way of security over property.
- Acting for a funder in successfully identifying, tracing and recovering high risk assets, and negotiating settlement terms with the debtor.