Matt specialises in all aspects of recovery, restructuring and insolvency work, with an emphasis on non-contentious corporate and property advice. He advises insolvency practitioners, fixed charge receivers, banks and other lenders, directors and shareholders.
Matt has undertaken secondments with Royal Bank of Scotland’s AIM team, Yorkshire Bank’s SBS team and National Australia Bank’s CRE team and has a good working knowledge of lenders’ internal processes, procedures and requirements.
- Acting as lead solicitor of a multi-discipline team including corporate, commercial, property, tax and employment advisors, in the acquisition by our client of a national healthcare business through an accelerated M&A process.
- Acting as lead solicitor of a multi-discipline team in the acquisition by a private equity turnaround specialist of the business and assets of a high profile national footwear retailer, which included the transfer and preservation of 800 jobs across 70 sites.
- Acting as lead legal advisor for a top 4 accountancy firm in the trading administration of a national concessionary retailer. This included advising on and negotiating terms and documentation for continued trading across a number of jurisdictions and an ultimate sale of the goodwill, assets, intellectual property and real estate assets of the business.
- Acting for administrators in the sale of a portfolio of tenanted commercial retail property to a high profile corporate investor for a consideration of circa £6m on a strict 10-day turnaround (actually completed in nine).
- Acting for the nominees and eventual supervisors of the Company Voluntary Arrangement of a television shopping channel.