Tom acts on a full range of banking and related corporate finance matters including leverage and acquisition finance transactions, real estate finance, project finance, general corporate lending, asset finance, asset-based lending and receivables financing.
Tom has acted and advised on a broad range of bilateral and syndicated financings for private equity sponsors, corporate borrowers, clearing banks and other specialist lenders in a range of sectors (for example peer-to-peer lending platform operators).
Tom’s experience includes acting on acquisition finance transactions for corporates, lenders and private equity investors; financings of real estate investments and developments; financings of renewable energy projects and financings for borrowers in the renewables sector; receivables financings and other invoice discounting facilities; and general corporate working capital facilities (including investment grade facilities) covering a range of sectors.
Tom has experience of drafting, negotiating and advising clients on loan and other funding agreements, intercreditor agreements, priority and subordination arrangements and security documents
Prior to joining Gateley, Tom spent five and a half years in the banking team of an international law firm, including a six month trainee secondment in the asset finance team of a major UK clearing bank.
- Advising a Dutch-based property investment fund on the financing and a series of subsequent refinancings of its £135m portfolio of industrial estate properties.
- Acting for a major renewable energy borrower in relation to the £80m refinancing of its existing syndicated revolving credit facilities.
- Advising a major UK clearing bank in relation to funding provided for the refinancing of a portfolio of 50 residential and commercial properties.
- Advising an AIM-listed investment fund borrower specialising in renewable energy in relation to the £200m refinancing of a portfolio of seven operational on-shore wind farms in the UK.
- Advising a major UK clearing bank in relation to the financing of a management buy-out and subsequent sale of a company in the manufacturing sector.