The most common reason for a contract to be determined in disputed circumstances is as a result of a breach of contract by one party, which is relied upon by the other to end the relationship.
The right to end or terminate a contract can arise under common law or by virtue of contractual termination provisions. However, terminating contractual relationships prematurely can be fraught with risk, not least because this is a highly complex area of law. Watch our 30 minute webinar where our experts demystify termination and discuss:
- common law termination and repudiation
- termination under contractual provisions and the standard forms
- common law and contractual termination – can they co-exist?
- how to get termination right and what are the traps to avoid
- practical tips to take away
This is essential viewing for any construction professionals including contractors, sub-contractors, developers, and construction consultants.