Chantal undertakes both contentious and non-contentious construction matters, acting for a wide range of parties including developers, contractors, consultants, subcontractors, and housebuilders.
In relation to non-contentious matters, Chantal prepares and negotiates various documentation including collateral warranties, reliance letters, contractor and consultant appointments, letters of intent and Building Contracts.
Chantal also defends clients on contentious issues in varying formats which may be faced including negotiation, adjudication, mediation, and court proceedings. She undertakes general construction disputes including, but not limited to, defective works and payment disputes; fire safety and cladding disputes; and housebuilder disputes for the top 20 housebuilders.
- Advising a major car manufacturer on the necessary building contract required for fit-out works at five new industrial distribution units totalling nearly 3 million ft2, taking into consideration the appropriate risk profile of the works being undertaken.
- Advising a top 20 housebuilder on the construction elements of a major new housing development of approximately 400 homes. This includes preparing and negotiating the appropriate Building Contract for the groundworks engineer and consultant appointments and warranties including, but not limited to, the geotechnical engineer and environmental engineer.
- Acting on behalf of a remediation contractor in relation to a substantial final account dispute resulting in a favourable settlement for the client.
- Acting on behalf of a contractor in relation to a four-party defective works dispute. The dispute resulted in a favourable result for the client following a successful mediation.
- Acting on behalf of a broad range of clients including developers, leaseholders and management companies in relation to fire safety and cladding defects.