- m: 07773 325 887
Ashley is an MRICS qualified Chartered Quantity Surveyor with more than 14 years’ experience in commercial management of construction projects. His extensive and detailed knowledge of commercial construction processes provides a sound basis for appointments. Ashley has recently passed the RICS Diploma in Construction Adjudication and is completing a Masters in Construction Law.
Ashley’s current role sees him gaining extensive experience in representing parties through dispute avoidance and dispute resolution procedures.
Prior to joining Gateley Vinden, Ashley worked for a large tier 1 contractor for 13 years. He led numerous projects for both public and private sector clients.
What problems do you help clients with?
- I help clients manage all commercial aspects of a construction project from procurement through to final account, whilst ensuring all payments are made and received in line with the contract.
- I help clients manage contractual risks and risk avoidance.
- I help clients establish and manage tender event schedules and rigorous change control processes.
- I review analyse and present data for internal and external progress reports.
- Leading a team of four quantity surveyors to deliver 200+ separate NEC contracts for a tier 1 contractor delivering a national infrastructure project.
- Commercially leading a £200m residential project in Zone 1 London.
- Managing large subcontract packages for main contractors.
- Ensuring all payments are made and invoiced in line with contract provisions.
- Establishing and managing key project commercial documents and processes such as tender event schedules and change control.