Amrit advises individuals at the outset of relationships and also in the event of a relationship breakdown. She represents clients in divorce and financial remedy cases. Additionally, Amrit provides advice to protect wealth upon marriage or cohabitation and prepares pre/post nuptial agreements and living together agreements.
Amrit deals with separation of assets between unmarried couples, together with ensuring that there is proper financial provision for children of the family in Schedule 1 matters. She also assists in relation to the day-to-day arrangements for children and represents clients in relation to relocation issues, whether domestic or international.
- Acting for a husband in a financial remedy and divorce case; involving significant legal arguments regarding business interests, a large property portfolio and consideration of matrimonial and non-matrimonial assets.
- Acting for an unmarried father upon separation; his ex-partner brought claims in relation to their joint property and also against his substantial capital and income for the benefit of their young child.
- Representing a mother in high conflict and protracted proceedings involving the arrangements for two children. The mother successfully established that the father was negatively influencing the children and costs were awarded to the mother.
- Acting for a cohabitee who had property and monies gifted from her parents and wished to preserve these when her partner moved in to her home; documentation and practical advice was given in relation to protection of assets throughout the progression of the relationship.
- Acting for a husband in a divorce and financial remedy case involving significant issues in relation to land and property, resolved by means of various settlement meetings.