Andrew assists individuals at the outset of relationships and in the event of relationship breakdown. Andrew represents clients in divorce and financial remedy cases. Andrew also provides support in respect of protecting client wealth upon marriage or cohabitation and can prepare pre/post nuptial agreements.
Andrew deals with the separation of assets between unmarried couples, together with ensuring that there is proper financial provision for children of the family. He also assists in relation to the day-to-day arrangements for children, including Parenting Plans and also represents clients in relation to relocation issues.
- Acting for a wife in a divorce and financial remedy matter involving significant issues in relation to land and property, which was resolved via settlement meetings.
- Representing a mother in protracted proceedings involving the parenting arrangements for two young children. The mother was successful in arguing that the father was emotionally abusive towards both herself and the children and an order was made by the Court preventing further applications by the father.
- Acting for a wife in divorce and financial remedy proceedings involving a claim for the repayment of a marital dowry and the return of assets held by the husband. A successful outcome was achieved for the client.
- Representing a wife in complex financial remedy proceedings and obtaining a section 37 Freezing Injunction to prevent the dispersal of marital assets whilst also allowing for significant disclosure to be obtained which the husband had attempt to conceal.
- Assisting a husband in financial remedy proceedings where the wife had applied to set aside a clean break financial order. The wife’s application was eventually dismissed by the Court and costs were obtained by the husband.