Chaya is the Head of Practice for Collective Actions with extensive experience of complex, large-scale litigation on both claimant and defendant side. She previously led the collective actions practice at a well-known firm in this space, where she managed all aspects of the practice and had overall supervision of cases.
Her experience outside of collective actions includes litigation and regulatory investigations on behalf of financial institutions. She established and led the international in-house litigation and investigations function at a financial institution and worked within litigation funding, with particular focus on advising in relation to collective actions.
How do you help clients?
I work with individuals and businesses to achieve collective redress where there has been a wrongdoing. I can also advise in relation to litigation funding.
- Acted on behalf of claimants on a number of group actions, including a claim against a vehicle manufacturer in respect of emissions, as well as the first international group action brought against a parent company based in England & Wales.
- Experience of building a pipeline of collective actions cases.
- Worked on high-profile regulatory investigations within financial institutions and collaborated with regulators in various jurisdictions.
- Has experience of assessing and advising in relation to litigation funding requests from law firms.
- Has experience of leading an in-house international litigation and regulatory investigations function.