Chris acts on a full range of banking and corporate finance related matters including leverage and acquisition finance transactions, real estate finance, general corporate lending, asset-based lending and receivables financing.
Chris’ clients include private equity sponsors, corporate borrowers, banks and specialist debt funds.
He has acted and advised on a broad range of bilateral and syndicated financings for borrowers, lenders and other investors across a number of sectors, jurisdictions and asset classes.
Chris has extensive experience of drafting, negotiating and advising clients on loan and other funding agreements, complex intercreditor agreements, priority agreements and security documents.
This includes experience of acting on acquisition finance transactions for corporates, Lenders and private equity investors; mezzanine, unitranche and second lien financings; financings of real estate investments and developments; receivables financings and other invoice discounting facilities (including advising on relevant intercreditor issues where there is other senior financing); and general corporate working capital facilities (including investment grade facilities).
Prior to joining Gateley, Chris spent two years as an in-house lawyer at Arrow Global Group Plc, one of Europe's leading purchasers and managers of non-performing loans, having previously worked in the banking team of an international law firm for six years.
- Advising Palatine Private Equity in connection with the financing of the management buy-out of SMP Group.
- Acting for Beechbrook Capital in connection with the provision of mezzanine loan facilities to The Pebble Group.
- Advising HIMOR Group in connection with its entry into a £15m revolving credit facility with Lloyds Bank.
- Advising Heeton Holdings in connection with the financing of its acquisition of the Crowne Plaza London Kensington hotel.
- Acting for a debt fund in providing a unitranche term debt facility to its customer, which included advising on intercreditor provisions relating to the provision of a super-senior revolving credit facility.