- Location: Birmingham
- Email: James Madill
- Direct Telephone: +44 (0) 121 202 1452
- Direct Fax: +44 (0) 121 234 0005
- Mobile: +44 (0) 7885 389 417
James is a partner and expert in investment transactions and landlord and tenant matters. He leads a team who act for London-based and regional funds and advise on acquisitions, disposals and asset management work over a wide range of UK assets. He also acts for national retailers and corporate occupiers providing a wide range of strategic and operational advice in relation to their property portfolios.
James is a member of the Investment Property Forum and attends the British Retail Consortium. He is a Director of Gateley Hamer, Gateley’s CPO and wayleaves & easements specialists. He also co-leads the firm’s Real Estate Advisory Services team, which offers clients the benefits of a joined up approach across Gateley’s traditional legal services and its complementary property services.
James is an amateur triathlete (emphasis on amateur!) and also enjoys long distance cycling, high altitude hiking, football and badminton.
- Exclusive appointment for all property management work for a major financial institution with a substantial property portfolio across the UK (including Scotland and Northern Ireland), having won the work at competitive tender
- Advising Avignon Capital in its rolling investment programme into expansion of an independent cinema chain
- Acting for luxury confectioner Patisserie Valerie Group across its 200 strong multi-brand store portfolio and concessions.
- Advising several national operators in relation to substantial and complex new build and pre-let warehouse and distribution space, including acting for Wiggle Limited in its acquisition of a 323,000 sq ft warehouse space in 2015, the largest warehouse letting in the Midlands.
- Acting for a number of London fund clients in substantial financing and refinances of their property portfolios to free up capital for further growth.
- Leading a multi-disciplinary investment team advising and completing c £50m of sales and acquisitions for a new London fund in the past 12 months, many of which were exchanged within 5 days of instruction.