Joanne is a specialist commercial real estate lawyer with a broad range of experience.
Since joining Gateley, Joanne has specialised in advising national housebuilders on all aspects of land acquisition of greenfield and brownfield sites, from initial title advice to the acquisition of land, strategic options, multi-developer collaborations and land promotions. Her focus has been land in Yorkshire and the North East.
Joanne has acted for numerous FTSE-listed companies on a variety of real estate matters during the course of her career, including commercial landlord and tenant matters, strategic land acquisitions and site assembly as well as corporate support due diligence and property portfolio management.
- Advising on an urban extension scheme with a local authority in the North East together with a back to back inter-developer collaboration with an onward purchaser.
- Advising on various land options and a multi developer collaboration agreement for a major scheme in the North East.
- Advising various national housebuilders on the acquisition of various greenfield and brownfield sites for development throughout Yorkshire and the North East from 100 unit to 600 unit schemes. These acquisitions tend to be conditional on planning and often other contingencies such as ground investigation and abnormal costings.
- Advising national housebuilders on strategic land option agreements throughout Yorkshire and the North East.
- Advising a national land promoter on the planning promotion of various greenfield sites around Yorkshire and the North West.