Roger has acted for corporate clients and financial institutions for over two decades, dealing with all aspects of recoveries, litigation, dispute resolution and risk management issues. This includes complex recoveries work, contractual disputes, insolvency issues, operational disputes, claims involving allegations of misselling/mispresentation, professional negligence and fraud.
During his career, Roger has had two secondments to the in house legal teams of major clearing banks and is recognised as having a wealth of insight and understanding of the financial services sector, as well the internal pressures and external requirements of clients across commercial sectors.
How do you help clients?
I help my clients manage disputes when they arise, as well as help them try to avoid disputes in the first place. I enjoy getting to know my clients, gaining a deeper understanding of their businesses and a full appreciation of their motivations. I like to ensure that their issues are resolved to fulfil commercial objectives, within a wider context of regulatory and reputational risks.
I help my clients recover money or assets, seeking to minimise losses and maximise recoveries. I also help them manage risk and reduce any potential liability where claims are sought to be pursued against them. In all cases, I ensure that cost effective solutions are explored and matters are progressed as efficiently as possible, with the needs of my clients a priority throughout.
- Acting for a bank in the successful defeat at trial of a £3m+ claim against it by company directors, based on allegations of breach of contract and/or negligence, as well as obtaining £1.5m judgment.
- Achieving the strike out of an £11m claim against a bank based on the law of assignment in insolvency and the subsequent settlement of a £3m+ counterclaim by the bank relating to the funding of a property development.
- Successfully acting for a lender in the Court of Appeal on a breach of trust claim against a law firm in a key case for mortgage lenders.
- Acting for a leading mortgage company on a large scale mortgage fraud relating to over 100 properties and professional negligence claims against the valuers.
- Acting for a leading international financial services company on the successful settlement and recovery on a £8m invoice finance fraud.