Stuart specialises in acting for debtors and for lending syndicates, banks, funds and other financial institutions in consensual and non-consensual restructurings, for investors in distressed acquisitions and for insolvency practitioners during pre-packaged and unplanned insolvency processes. He works predominantly in the North West and London.
Stuart advises on realising and maximising value in distressed situations, including consensual workouts and restructurings, whether these are delivered through distressed sales, enforcement, insolvency processes or distressed debt trading.
How do you help clients?
I enjoy the opportunity to help out clients experiencing financial difficulties. Often through circumstances beyond their control they are in trouble and in a situation they will often have no experience of. I find it really fulfilling to be able to provide support at a difficult time and to help businesses survive through difficulties to get back to a stable position.
- Advising surety bond providers on multiple phases of restructuring of the Interserve group, including pre-packaged sale, disposal of support services and carve out of construction business.
- Advising administrators of Total Polyfilm on administration sale, trading and other ongoing issues.
- Advising lender on the administration of the BridgeStreet group including the interaction of multiple UK and US insolvency processes and cross border claims.
- Advising trade finance platform on restructuring, bridge financing and refinancing transactions.
- Advising Beechbrook on the restructuring of a payment services business.
- Advising multiple sureties on exposure to Roadbridge group including mitigation and recovery strategies.