Stuart specialises in acting for debtors and for lending syndicates, banks, funds and other financial institutions in consensual and non-consensual restructurings, for investors in distressed acquisitions and for insolvency practitioners during pre-packaged and unplanned insolvency processes. He works predominantly in the North West and London.
Stuart advises on realising and maximising value in distressed situations, including consensual workouts and restructurings, whether these are delivered through distressed sales, enforcement, insolvency processes or distressed debt trading.
How do you help clients?
I enjoy the opportunity to help out clients experiencing financial difficulties. Often through circumstances beyond their control they are in trouble and in a situation they will often have no experience of. I find it really fulfilling to be able to provide support at a difficult time and to help businesses survive through difficulties to get back to a stable position.
- Advising surety bond providers on two rounds of restructuring and pre-pack sale for Interserve.
- Advising the Patisserie Valerie board and advising administrators on multiple disposals.
- Advising the Countrywide Farmers board on restructuring options and directors’ duties and administrators on trading issues and disposals.
- Advising the Banham Poultry board on options and directors’ duties and administrators of pre-packaged sale.
- Advising a Fairpoint Plc secured creditor on restructuring and exit options.