Thea specialises in business sale and purchase disputes and pensions litigation.
She has acted for a wide range of clients from Plcs to individuals in a wide range of matters, obtaining urgent remedies such as search orders and other prohibitive injunctions.
- Achieving at mediation an advantageous settlement on behalf of pension trustees and the employer of their professional negligence claim against former legal advisers to the pension scheme.
- Obtaining a search order and injunctive relief against ex-employees misusing the client’s confidential information, successfully protecting the confidential information and stopping significant damage to the client’s business.
- Successfully defending a breach of warranty claim for £11m and recovering unpaid consideration of over £1m for the clients.
- Helping a client reach a resolution without issuing court proceedings in respect of a dispute regarding the failure of fans on an offshore oil rig.
- Successfully challenging the jurisdiction of the English courts under the Recast Brussels Regulation, setting aside the claim against the client for £3m and recovering the client’s costs.