Boardroom and business disputes regarding ownership can be disruptive, time-consuming and expensive.
If a director, partner or shareholder isn’t pulling their weight or is causing trouble, things can rapidly spiral out of control. The impact on businesses can be devastating unless they can count on someone to help them respond swiftly and decisively. We can help advise and support these business disputes with the guidance of our expert specialists.
Similarly, if you are a partner or shareholder in a business and someone is trying to force you out, or proceedings are threatened against you as a director, the impact on you both professionally and financially could be catastrophic. In those circumstances, you need experienced specialists in business disputes to provide early advice.
What do we do?
We’re highly experienced in resolving business disputes, from helping those who believe their company isn’t being run properly, to supporting investors who believe they have suffered losses due to the actions of the people in charge.
Our team has specific experience in:
- bringing and defending unfair prejudice actions;
- petitioning for companies to be wound up;
- bringing and defending derivative claims against directors in the name of the company;
- bringing and defending claims for breach of directors’ duties;
Learn more from Andrew Johnson, Partner & Head of Commercial Dispute Resolution:
I find Gateley very pleasant to work with; the team is tenacious, personable and very professional.
- bringing and defending claims for damages, or for directors or business owners to be reinstated if they have been excluded from the business;
- partnership disputes;
- obtaining and defending emergency interim relief orders such as injunctions; and
- settling disputes through negotiation, including mediation.
Who do we help?
We act on business disputes for companies, partners, directors and both majority and minority shareholders, keeping the parties’ commercial and business interests front of mind at all times.