Feb. 3, 2022
Tax Incentives for Commercial Property Investment & Development
- Time: 9 a.m. - 4:48 p.m.
- Update / Virtual
If you’re planning any commercial property investment or development this year you should be thinking about capital allowances.
Capital allowances represent a generous tax relief that could give you the power to maximise your tax savings and minimise your liabilities for expenditure that you incur buying, building, refurbishing or fitting out commercial property. For every one pound spent on building, renovating or fitting out, you could save up to 40 pence - has there ever been more tax-efficient time to spend?
What will be covered in this webinar?
In this session our tax experts, Aubrey Calderwood and Steven Bone, will cover the basics of capital allowances, recent changes to the legislation and provide real life examples of where capital allowances have been utilised across various sectors:
Understand the basics of capital allowances:
• What are capital allowances?
• How do capital allowances work?
• What are the different types of capital allowance?
• How do capital allowances affect tax?
• What are the benefits of claiming capital allowances?
Learn about recent changes to the legislation:
• 130% Super Deductions
• 50% First Year Allowances
Practical examples of the value of capital allowances across different property scenarios:
• The construction of a logistics and distribution building
• The adaptive re-use of an office to a hotel conversion
• The purchase of a second-hand office
• A Build-to-Rent mixed use development
Who should attend this webinar?
• Property investors
• Commercial asset managers
• Property developers
• Owner occupiers
• Commercial tenants
• Housing associations
• Build-to Rent investors
• Property investment agents
• Building design teams (Architects, QS’s, M&E Engineers, Structural Engineers)