Aubrey has a wealth of experience advising companies and individuals on the maximisation and use of tax-based incentives for commercial property investment and development.
Aubrey set up and ran the capital allowances practice of a “Big Four” accountancy firm before establishing Capitus with Kevin Meyer in 1997.
With a professional background in both taxation and property, Aubrey has acted for some of the UK’s largest entities across all sectors including institutional property investment, hotels, leisure, healthcare, automotive, industrial, IT and banking. He has had articles published across many sectors of the trade press.
How do you help clients?
I help clients understand, identify and claim the various fiscal tax incentives available for many forms of investment.
Whether advising institutional investors on the maximisation of capital allowances for a commercial property transaction, claiming Land Remediation Relief on the redevelopment of a brownfield land site or identifying the availability of R&D tax relief for innovative new product development, I can help.
- Advising a major new £30m entertainment venue on the availability of capital allowances on new concept seating and staging systems as part of a national and international rollout.
- Leading the capital allowances advisory team on a new £125m office development for a London-based fund manager to ensure that energy and water saving technologies were incorporated into the project and that the tax incentives relating to such technologies were identified and captured.
- Leading the capital allowances advisory team on the £2bn Paddington Basin redevelopment project.
- Advising on the availability of capital allowances on a series of new biomass waste-to-energy plants and wind farms for an institutional green energy investment fund.
- Giving evidence as an expert witness to the Parliamentary Affairs Committee on the establishment of UK Enterprise Zones.