Peter is an experienced litigator, regularly advising on high value, complex disputes. His practice covers a diverse range of sectors including energy and utilities, housebuilding and construction, logistics, shareholder disputes and higher education. He has acted in a number of the leading Court of Appeal cases involving higher education institutions. Peter is frequently instructed to advise on complex commercial litigation, development disputes, overage disputes, procurement challenges and Judicial Review as well as all types of alternative dispute resolution.
Because of the breadth of his practise, Peter is often required to advise in relation to data subject access requests, freedom of information requests, defamation and reputation protection, nuisance claims and breaches of restrictive covenants.
- Advising a major housebuilder on the settlement of a complex multi-million pound overage dispute.
- Successfully advising a higher education institution defending various judicial review cases in the Court of Appeal.
- Advising on the successful settlement for a major Irish logistics company with its high value claim for breach of contract based on custom and practise.
- Advising a professional services company in a claim by the former owners of the business for unpaid consideration.
- Successfully advising a client bringing a professional negligence claim against its former solicitors for a loss of chance.