Our specialists in reputation management can act immediately to help you protect and – if needed – restore your personal or business reputation.
What do we do?
Our team deals with all aspects of social media publications in addition to the more traditional print and broadcast media, all of which have the potential to severely impact the reputations of both individuals and companies. We deal with issues arising from
- social media platforms, particularly Facebook and Twitter
- broadcast media and print media
- websites (including internet chatrooms);
- advertising material;
- verbal communications.
From a “take down” letter to a litigated privacy/defamation action, we have the capacity and proven expertise to initiate a multi-jurisdictional approach, which has achieved ground-breaking results in protecting clients' interests over the last three decades.
Gateley is ‘an outstanding commercial litigation firm that combines sound legal advice with tactical astuteness and an understanding of commercial sensitivities’
If you or your business needs to deal with a reputational issue, we can help. We’re here to support you with immediate, expert advice on dealing with defamation proceedings. We can also help you explore other options, including claims relating to:
- malicious falsehood
- breach of confidence
- misuse of private information
- protection from harassment
- breach of data protection laws
- infringement of intellectual property rights.
Where are we based and where do we practice?
Our specialist defamation lawyers practice across England & Wales, Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland. Specifically:
- The Gateley Legal and Gateley Tweed teams work with clients across England & Wales.
- The Gateley Tweed team also advise clients in Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland from their offices in Belfast and Dublin
Who do we help?
We represent claimants and defendants regarding defamation and reputation management, helping businesses and individuals safeguard their reputations from negative and false statements.