Richard has been working within the property sector championing the tax relief benefits of capital allowances, land remediation relief and tax efficient R&D tax for 8 years having become involved in property assets and investments and specialising in building relationships with property owners, developers, investors, asset managers and occupiers of commercial property assets.
Richard’s focus at Gateley Capitus is forming and building relationships with clients across all commercial property sectors, introducing them to our nationwide team of subject matter experts. Richard likes nothing more than advising new and legacy clients regarding the up to date tax incentives and savings that are available on commercial property assets.
Initially gained in the financial services sector before working as an independent business development consultant for a fiscal incentives division of a construction property and infrastructure company most recently joining Gately Capitus.
- Introduced owners of a £10m commercial property portfolio to the benefits of capital allowances. Of the £3m property portfolio analysed, £1.1m of capital allowances were identified.
- Introduced nationwide furniture retailer to the benefits of capital allowances.
- Introduced gastro pub owner with multiple sites, owned and occupied to the benefits of capital allowances
- Introduced asset finance company specialising in alternative asset classes to the benefits capital allowances.
- Introduced and identified land remediation relief opportunity for a civil engineering company and property development company.
- Introduced an interior and refurbishment manufacturer to the benefits of tax efficient Research & Development (R&D).