Private equity investment transactions are increasingly complex and competition for the best deals is intense. Experienced, commercially aware and pragmatic advisers can be the key difference in closing transactions.
These challenges mean that the power to tap into experience, efficiency and the ability to innovate are now more important than ever for private equity sponsors.
What do we do?
We advise on every stage of the private equity lifecycle: from fund formation and seed investment, to management buy-outs and secondary buy-outs, using our experience and national resource to close deals as efficiently as possible. Our respected banking team works in close partnership with our corporate team on private equity deals for a slick, seamless approach. And because private equity opportunities aren’t restricted to London alone, we operate where our investors do, helping to open up attractive investment opportunities wherever they are.
We can support you with:
- Fund structuring and constitution: We’re one of very few law firms outside London with specialist expertise in this area, advising fund managers and limited partners on structuring and constitutional documentation for equity funds.
- Investments: We regularly advise a wide range of equity sponsors, management teams and corporate clients on buy-outs and development capital investments.
- Transactional advice: We excel at closing private equity-backed transactions on time and within budget. We also regularly act on buy-and-build programmes for private equity portfolio businesses, secondary and tertiary buy-outs and on investments into distressed businesses.
- Exits: Our M&A and IPO expertise and network enables us to add significant value to the exit process.
Gateley has a particular strength in the private equity sector.
Who do we help?
We have the requisite experience to act for any party involved in a private equity transaction. We’re highly experienced at acting for:
- private equity sponsors
- business owners looking for an exit
- management teams seeking financial support for a buy-out
- private/ high-net-worth investors
- debt funders and banks providing finance alongside private equity
- specialist infrastructure and private equity real estate funds
- first-time and experienced teams on private equity deals.