Paul heads up the Gateley Private Equity group and has over 25 years of corporate transactional experience. Paul has been included in Insider Media's Professional Power List for 2021, listing the top 30 most influential professionals in the North West.
Paul leads a variety of M&A deals, specialising in private equity transactions, such as management buy-out/buy-in and development capital investments, as well as advising on mergers and acquisitions, disposals and joint ventures.
Paul also advises on fund formation and constitution for a range of private and institutional investors and limited partners both in the UK and offshore, advising fund managers and limited partners in those structures.
How do you help clients?
I bring a wealth of experience and commercial know-how to corporate transactions.
On the buy-side, this means I help clients complete acquisitions on time and on budget, with proper due diligence and contracts negotiated to protect them from risk pre- and post-deal.
On the sell-side, I help shareholders realise maximum value when a business is sold, putting in place robust structures to ensure payments are secured, whilst protecting them from risks of unforeseen claims.
- Advising LDC on the buy-out of MSQ Group.
- Advising the management team on the buy-out of Menzies Group.
- Advising Man City on its US joint venture with Goals Soccer Centres.
- Advising Inspired Energy on a series of acquisitions, including Horizon Energy Management in Ireland and Inprova Group in the UK.
- Advising Praetura Asset Finance on the acquisition of Kingsway Group.