Paul is Manchester office head for Gateley Plc, heads up the Gateley Private Equity group nationally and is also a member of the Strategic Board.
Paul has over 27 years of corporate transactional experience and was listed in Insider Media’s Professional Power List for 2021, listing the top 30 most influential professionals in the North West.
Paul leads a variety of M&A deals, specialising in private equity transactions, such as management buy-out/buy-in and development capital investments, as well as advising on mergers and acquisitions, disposals and joint ventures.
Paul also advises on fund formation and constitution for a range of private and institutional investors and limited partners both in the UK and offshore, advising fund managers and limited partners in those structures.
How do you help clients?
I bring a wealth of experience and commercial know-how to corporate transactions.
On the buy-side, this means I help clients complete acquisitions on time and on budget, with proper due diligence and contracts negotiated to protect them from risk pre- and post-deal.
On the sell-side, I help shareholders realise maximum value when a business is sold, putting in place robust structures to ensure payments are secured, whilst protecting them from risks of unforeseen claims.
- Advising Inspired PLC on various acquisitions and AIM-fund raises, including the acquisition of Inprova Group.
- Advising Bridges on the £60m management buy-out of Matrix.
- Advising the management team on the NorthEdge funded buy-out of Distology.
- Advising LDC on the buy-out of MSQ group.
- Advising Sorted Group on various PE fund-raising rounds.