Helen advises on all aspects of employment law and HR practice across many sectors, with extensive experience in advising clients in the manufacturing and retail sectors. Her particular specialisms are: corporate transactions and commercial transfers, reorganisations and large scale redundancies, managing and negotiating senior exits, trade union-related issues and disputes, tricky grievances and dismissals, and complex, sensitive and/or multi-claimant tribunals.
Helen undertook a formal 6-month secondment to The Open University. Informally, she worked alongside Thomas Cook and Staples in relation to specific projects as their sole dedicated advisor.
How do you help clients?
I help clients manage their people, and people issues, in the most compassionate, pragmatic and commercial way.
- Advising on the employment aspects of the purchase of Derby County Football Club out of administration.
- Carrying out an investigation for a global manufacturer of cleaning supplies involving allegations of bullying, harassment, and race discrimination following complaints being received by the employer about an employee trade union representative.
- Supporting a multi-academy trust following the raising of a sensitive and complex grievance by one employee against another.
- Assisting a client in respect of the exit of their Managing Director following allegations of gross misconduct.
- Providing advice and support to C-suite and executive level individuals on their exits from their employers, and the resultant settlement agreements.