- Location: Manchester
- Email: Nick Murrills
- Direct Telephone: +44 (0) 161 836 7900
- Direct Fax: +44 (0) 161 836 7701
- Mobile: +44 (0) 7920 218 172
Nick is a Legal Director in the Commercial Dispute Resolution department. Alongside a core commercial litigation caseload, Nick has focused on his niche specialisms: sports litigation and defamation / reputation management. Nick holds the following external appointments: Independent Chairman of the United Kingdom Cheerleading Association and Honorary Legal Adviser to the North West Counties Squash League.
CDR can apply to a multitude of sectors; aside from Nick’s core commercial litigation work, he focuses mainly on the sports sector element.
Nick has experience across a wide range of commercial matters for both corporate clients and high net worth individuals. Nick has acted for and advised clients in respect of contractual disputes, shareholder disputes, breach of warranty claims, commercial fraud matters, professional negligence claims and international litigation.
On the sports front, Nick has acted for a wide range of sports clients including Premier League football clubs, a county championship cricket club, sports national governing bodies, world renowned players, managers and sports agents.
- Acting for a former Manager (of a top-flight sports club) in successfully defending substantial proceedings brought by his former club;
- Resisted an application for emergency injunctive relief seeking to postpone the commencement of a sports playing season (acting for a national governing body);
- Acting for a foreign based property developer and its managing director in defending a class action issued in England by approximately 400 purchasers of its properties.
Nick is a keen sportsman in his spare time. Having previously played squash on the World Squash Tour, he is the current captain of Bowdon Squash Club and the Cheshire County Men’s Team. He is also a keen cricketer and horse racing enthusiast!