Sarah specialises in commercial dispute resolution including contractual disputes; company, partnership and shareholder disputes and professional negligence. Sarah regularly acts for clients involved in disputes arising from mergers and acquisitions.
Sarah assists individual and corporate clients in a number of different business sectors, including developers, professional service providers, healthcare and sports – with a client base ranging from local and European owner-managed businesses to global corporations.
Sarah is experienced in all methods of dispute resolution – litigation, arbitration, adjudication and alternative methods of conflict resolution such as mediation and in relation to cross-border litigation.
As well as substantial experience in the lower courts, Sarah has successfully acted for clients in the Mercantile and Commercial Courts and before the Court of Appeal.
Sarah is a member of Gateley Plc’s Operations Board.
How do you help clients?
I assist clients manage potential and actual conflict and the associated financial, reputational and business risk through a commercially focussed, pragmatic and solution-driven approach to disputes focussing, at all times, on aligning the dispute resolution strategy to the client's personal or business strategy.
- Obtaining emergency injunctive relief to uphold covenants given by a party in a business sale agreement.
- Successfully defending a claim for fraudulent misrepresentation and rescission brought pursuant to a business sale agreement.
- Successfully defending, at trial, a claim for a breach of a partnership agreement.
- Acting for the lead defendants in a multi-party claim with cross-jurisdictional issues.
- Acting for trustees of a family trustee against former trustees for negligent investment advice in connection with investment in a construction company.