- Location: Birmingham
- Email: Kate Canning
- Direct Telephone: +44 (0) 121 234 0266
- Mobile: +44 (0) 771 070 2329
Kate is an Associate in the Commercial Dispute Resolution team who regularly brings and defends claims in a variety of sectors. She specialises in actions relating to breach of restrictive covenants, breaches of confidentiality, business ownership and management disputes, disputes arising out of the sale and purchase of businesses, healthcare and public procurement disputes.
She has acted on numerous cases involving both making and defending applications for urgent interim relief including Search Orders, Delivery Up Orders and prohibitive injunctions. She also has experience in IP litigation and cross border disputes.
- Kate successfully obtained interim injunctions against two former directors who were acting in breach of their restrictive covenants and had taken confidential information and were using this to compete in the market. The case later settled on very favourable terms for the client.
- Kate successfully defended an application for an interim injunction that would have prevented the client’s business from using its trading name and caused significant damage to the business as a result.
- Kate successfully obtained damages of over £1 million in a breach of contract claim for a client which owns and operates a number of care homes.
Kate enjoys playing netball, cooking and travelling.