The use of licensing to maximise one of a company’s most valuable assets – its brand – is becoming more common. In order for the licensing relationship to benefit all parties, it is essential that professional advice is sought.
Licensing can be used by companies as an effective growth tool, benefitting both the licensors – the brand owners – and the licensees – those seeking to exploit the recognisable product/ service.
What do we do?
In order to work successfully for all parties, such licensing requires skilled, commercial legal advice. Our team advise on all types of licensing, intellectual property and trademark issues, including:
- image rights agreement
- trademark licences
- affinity agreements
- author-publisher and editor-publisher agreements
- content licensing agreements.
Gateley ‘has the depth in the team to really support clients’... The group is particularly well regarded for brand licensing, sponsorship and general commercial contract work.
We also advise clients on the promotion of brands, including:
- advertising regulations compliance
- the lawfulness of advertising campaigns and promotions (including misleading and comparative advertising)
- digital marketing and social media campaigns.
Sometimes relationships unfortunately break down. When things go wrong our IP disputes and commercial litigation teams are highly skilled at enforcing and defending intellectual property rights in all types of disputes, including licensing and branding.
Where are we based and where do we practice?
Our specialist brand and licensing awyers practice across England & Wales, Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland. Specifically:
- The Gateley Legal and Gateley Tweed team works with clients across England & Wales.
- The Gateley Tweed team also advise clients in Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland from their offices in Belfast.
Who do we help?
Our team advises businesses from SMEs to major corporate entities on branding and licensing issues.