Emma trained with Gateley's Residential Development Unit in Birmingham and qualified as a Solicitor in September 2014, before joining Gateley’s Leeds team where she has worked ever since.
She deals mainly with land acquisition matters (bare land and former industrial premises) in both an immediate and strategic context but is also the team's freehold reversion sale specialist and has experience in the sale of affordable housing.
Recently, Emma has been involved in several deals acquiring land under a build lease structure from Homes England on a serviced site basis.
She is the lead Project Manager of the freehold reversion portfolio for a key Plc housebuilder client.
Emma also has experience in the sale of affordable housing units using both “golden brick” and “turnkey” arrangements and has good knowledge and understanding of the technical and specification requirements, generally, of registered providers.
Dealing with the legal side of site infrastructure and management is something that Emma picked up after joining the team and as a result has a good understanding of the technical, commercial and construction issues facing any residential development site.
- Advising on a multi-draw down option agreement and deal structure for a major national housebuilder on a site in the North-East comprising up to 1,000 units with a GDV of £160m.
- Acting for a major national housebuilder to acquire a 220-unit scheme with a GDV of £52.9m on the outskirts of Durham. A freehold purchase of whole from the Durham Diocesan Board of Finance conditional on planning.
- Acting for a major national housebuilder to acquire a site in Carlisle comprising 198 units with a GDV of £37.4m. A freehold purchase of whole conditional on planning, dealing with the manorial rights affecting title and achieving satisfactory vacant possession.
- Advising on the acquisition of a former MOD RAF base for a major national housebuilder in Yorkshire. A freehold purchase conditional on planning for a 39-unit scheme with a GDV of £12m.
- Freehold conditional purchase being part of a wider mixed-use scheme; an 87-unit scheme with a GDV of £18m for a major national housebuilder in Manchester.