Gareth specialises in both employment and immigration law. He advises on all employment matters, including: tribunal litigation; employment contracts and bonus arrangements; senior executive appointments and terminations; internal grievances, investigations and disciplinary matters; domestic and international outsourcings; TUPE; and individual and collective redundancy exercises.
Gareth also specialises in immigration law and leads our global mobility practice, supporting businesses with the movement of their workforce around the world as well as the recruitment and retention of international talent.
Gareth regularly presents training seminars on various aspects of both employment and immigration law.
How do you help clients?
I help clients with the full range of contentious and non-contentious employment law issues.
I regularly support clients with international HR matters with a particular focus on the employment and immigration issues arising from global expansion, international relocations, cross border disputes, multi-jurisdiction HR projects, international assignments and the recruitment and retention of talent from around the world.
I advise private clients on their immigration options with a particular focus on the innovator, exceptional talent and investor visa routes.
- Advising a financial institution on the resolution of a complex multi-million pound whistleblowing claim.
- Advising a global technology business on the employment aspects of an acquisition across 15 jurisdictions.
- Advising a global asset manager on the employment issues arising from the second generation outsourcing of the fund accounting and administration investment operations and custody and depositary functions in respect of its UK and Luxembourg domiciled funds to a major US bank.
- Advising a statutory body on a change of work location affecting 3000 employees.
- Advising a major retailer on a contractual change project affecting 80,000 employees.