James is a recent graduate from Oxford Brookes University where he studied a degree in Planning and Property Development. He has a good understanding of land law, regional and strategic planning, valuation and investment.
In June and July of 2018 James did a 2 month internship at property developers Commercial Estates Group (CEG) assisting the Strategic Land Development Team. He gained valuable experience learning the processes behind delivering large residential development schemes.
After that he completed a 1 year Agricultural course (2018-19) at the Royal Agricultural University. He spent the year learning about rural business practice and has a good understanding of current agricultural issues.
Since joining Gateley, James has been as part of the compulsory purchase, infrastructure development and utility compensation teams covering a wide range of projects for both scheme promoters and landowners.
James is undertaking the Assessment of Professional Competence (APC) with the intention of qualifying as a Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (MRICS) in the near future.
- Advising on multiple compulsory purchase claims for major infrastructure projects.
- Helping build a Property Cost Estimate (PCE) for a CPO in a London Borough.
- Land referencing for a County Council to find affected landowners and interested parties – title and register freehold and leasehold interests.
- Advising on a number of utility compensation projects.
- Advising on a Housing Infrastructure Fund 1 (HIF 1) scheme for a County Council including building a PCE for the project.