Kate specialises in health & safety, environmental matters, white collar crime, Trading Standards, NCA, FCA and SOCA investigations.
Kate is a highly regarded associate solicitor at Gateley and has been with the team for five years. Kate specialises in defending all types of health & safety cases, environmental investigations, general criminal defence work and financial crime. Kate regularly attends Coroners Courts and Criminal Courts representing businesses and individuals facing all manner of health & safety investigations and prosecutions. Kate is at home in the Criminal Court arena having been a Court Duty Solicitor and accredited Police Station Representative for many years. Kate is able to bring her wealth of experience of general criminal defence work to health & safety/ regulatory investigations, a skillset that is often lacking in regulatory lawyers. Kate is client-focused and proactive, often resolving complex health & safety and regulatory investigations with out of Court disposals securing minimum fuss and limited reputational damage for the client. Clients often comment on Kate’s no-nonsense, practical approach and her insight in being able to anticipate the way in which a regulator will proceed with an investigation and be two steps ahead of them.
Kate is a focused lawyer and her ability to get into the detail of a case makes her unflappable, delivering excellent results every time.
Kate regularly writes blogs, social media posts and articles for health & safety publications.
- Representing a manufacturing company at a trial at the Old Bailey in relation to serious health & safety charges relating to a high profile fatality; a not guilty verdict was secured following a full jury trial.
- Acting in the immediate aftermath and investigation of a fatality at a theme park and advising the corporate entity throughout the HSE, Police investigation and criminal court proceedings.
- Advising high profile construction companies in connection with alleged local authority planning breaches, environmental pollution issues and breaches of health and safety law.
- Acting for a senior director prosecuted for a complex fraud.
- Acting for various high-profile sports coaches facing governing and national governing bodies safeguarding investigations.