Rizwana provides practical and commercial advice to clients on both contentious and non-contentious employment matters. On the contentious side, Rizwana is a keen advocate in Tribunal and represents clients at both preliminary hearings and final hearings. Rizwana has a particular interest in discrimination cases and has represented clients on a number of complex discrimination cases. On the non-contentious side, Rizwana advises clients on senior executive terminations and supports businesses to achieve their strategic objectives in relation to reorganisations/ redundancy exercises.
Separately to employment, Rizwana leads our global mobility practice in the North of England, supporting businesses with the movement of staff around the world.
Rizwana also advises clients on how to remain legally compliant with the UK immigration regime and provides clients with effective strategic solutions to ensure that businesses can recruit and/or retain the most suitable staff.
- Advising businesses on Brexit workforce planning and international resourcing strategies.
- Acting for a large manufacturing client (a household name) in relation to defending allegations of race and sex discrimination.
- Acting for a charity in defending allegations of constructive unfair dismissal, disability discrimination and age discrimination.
- Acting for a public sector body in effecting a reorganisation/ restructure across some of its departments.
- Achieving compensation for a BMA doctor in excess of statutory limits due to legal arguments challenging validity of UK laws relating to holiday pay.