Based in Reading, Vanessa has specialised in practising family and matrimonial law for over a decade; navigating clients through complex legal procedures with humour, empathy and tenacity. Her experience is in advising clients in all areas of relationship breakdown, in particular divorce and financial settlements with a personal rapture for forensic analysis and case building.
Vanessa also advises on cohabitee separation and financial settlements and disputes over arrangements for children in separated families. Vanessa is a passionate advocate in obtaining protection orders for victims of domestic violence and with an unwavering dedication to obtain justice.
Protection of wealth
Vanessa prepares specialised protection orders including pre- and post-nuptial agreements and living together agreements. Aware of the risks to inherited wealth, trust assets, business assets and pre-marital wealth Vanessa will draft bespoke agreements offering protection when entering into marriage or committed relationships.
Resolution and collaborative law
Vanessa is also an enthusiastic collaborative solicitor understanding the benefits of practising in a conciliatory manner when working with clients who welcome the benefits of face-to-face communication to resolve family disputes.
Vanessa is a member of Resolution, a network of legal professionals who are committed to the constructive resolution of family disputes. She is also a member of the Thames Valley Family Lawyers’ Society.
- Concluding multiple collaborative law cases in relation to divorce proceedings and complex financial negotiations and preparation of pre-nuptial agreements.
- Obtaining an order for capitalised spousal maintenance, dismissal of all arrears and long-term maintenance claims. As well as obtaining an order dismissing a variation application by a husband seeking to withdraw financial support.
- Obtaining injunctive relief through s.37 applications to protect capital assets against dissipation and reversal of transactions to recover capital assets; requiring forensic analysis of bank statements and financial documentation to trace the monies.
- Successfully obtaining the appointment of a guardian for the father in a case of parental alienation by the mother, which culminated through public care proceedings with an order for the children to reside with the father.
- Representing clients within complicated children arrangement disputes (contact and residence), including allegations of sexual abuse, as well as applications for leave to remove a child from the jurisdiction and internal relocation of a child within England and Wales.