- Location: Birmingham
- Email: Rebecca Thomas
- Direct Telephone: +44 (0) 121 234 0237
- Direct Fax: +44 (0) 121 234 0001
Rebecca is a senior associate in our Commercial Dispute Resolution team, and has experience in advising a range of clients on a variety of contentious matters.
Rebecca also has particular specialism in Pensions Litigation work, having advised a number of clients in a variety of business sectors on issues such as professional negligence, pension overpayments and rectification cases.
Rebecca is experienced in advising on all aspects of the litigation process, from pre-action stage through to trial, and regularly acts for clients involved in breach of contract claims, warranty and indemnity claims, fraud and unjust enrichment, enforceability of restrictive covenants, breach of confidentiality, shareholder and partnership disputes. She also has experience in obtaining emergency relief such as search orders and prohibitive injunctions.
Rebecca enjoys watching football and playing netball. She also enjoys eating out, shopping and spending time with her family.
- Acted for a Claimant company in pursuit of monies it was owed by way of deferred consideration following an asset purchase agreement, and successfully negotiated a settlement, avoiding the need to pursue this matter to trial.
- Acted for a Claimant PLC company in a successful application by way of summary judgment for rectification of a rule amendment which had made a member’s period of pensionable service subject to the LPI rate of increase.
- Acted for the trustees and sponsoring employer in a professional negligence claim against the scheme’s former legal advisers for failing to validly amend the scheme’s governing documentation to remove the right to fixed pension increases. The claim was ultimately settled at mediation.
- Acted for a defendant PLC in a breach of contract claim, resulting in the claim against them being successfully struck out for non-compliances with CPR rules.
- Acted for a claimant company in a breach of restrictive covenant case in obtaining search and seize and delivery up orders.
- Acted for an individual in successfully defending a claim concerning the validity of a will in a contentious probate action.