Rebecca has experience in advising a range of clients on a variety of litigious commercial matters.
Rebecca is experienced in advising on all aspects of the litigation process, from pre-action stage through to trial, and regularly acts for clients (both claimant and defendant) involved in breach of contract claims, warranty and indemnity claims, fraud and unjust enrichment, enforceability of restrictive covenants, breach of confidentiality and shareholder and partnership disputes. She also has experience in obtaining emergency relief such as search orders, delivery-up orders and prohibitive injunctions.
She also has a particular specialism in pensions litigation work, having advised a number of clients in a variety of business sectors on issues such as professional negligence, pension overpayments and rectification cases.
- Acting for a claimant company in pursuit of monies it was owed by way of deferred consideration following an asset purchase agreement, where the defendant claimed breach of contractual warranties and pre-contractual misrepresentation.
- Acting for a defendant in multi-party litigation worth approximately £24m concerning fraud, bribery, dishonest assistance, breach of contract/ fiduciary duty and unlawful means conspiracy.
- Acting for a claimant Plc business in pursuit of interim injunctive relief via a delivery-up order against their former directors concerning misuse of confidential information, commercial fraud and contempt proceedings.
- Acting for a defendant in high value and complex litigation regarding commission payment entitlement under a contract which the claimant alleges was terminated incorrectly.
- Acting for the trustees and sponsoring employer in a professional negligence claim against the scheme’s former legal advisers for failing to validly amend the scheme’s governing documentation to remove the right to fixed pension increases.