A business lives or dies by the integrity of its products – and challenges by Trading Standards can have a serious impact on your brand and your reputation. This is where Gateley’s trending standards and consumer protection services can help.
Whatever issues our clients face in their trading environment, our team can help. We advise clients on protecting their businesses through our consumer protection services and staying compliant with the latest trading standards regulations. Our track record of managing investigations and defending prosecutions enables us to achieve the best possible outcome for our clients in the event an investigation is launched.
What do we do?
Our trading standards and consumer protection services advise on all aspects of retail/ trading law and food and product safety law – everything from underweight goods to underage sales, product description problems or a full-scale product recall.
We can support with:
- managing customer complaints;
- organising PR messaging in the event of a product recall or safety notice being required;
- guidance on the law and regulatory framework;
- advice on the sales and promotions of goods to consumers, labelling, packaging, consumer information and product contamination;
- complaints made to the Advertising Standards Authority; and
- handling data protection compliance and Freedom of Information Act requests.
An expert in advising on high profile investigations for corporate clients.
Who do we help?
We advise organisations of all sizes facing consumer protection investigations. Our trading standards and consumer protection services also work with companies to ensure that they are in compliance with the latest legislation and best practice guidance.