Robust health and safety support is crucial when things go wrong.
Accidents happen and when they do, we are there to help our clients to pick up the pieces.
What do we do?
Our team handles every type of health and safety-related incident, from serving enforcement notices and fees for intervention issues, right through to corporate manslaughter investigations.
We provide 24-hour nationwide support for on-site teams and senior management, whatever the issue. If needed, we can be quickly on-site, helping to handle the aftermath of a serious incident.
When working with our clients we:
- support those involved in an incident;
- deal with the press and the public;
- liaise with the police or the Health & Safety Executive in their investigations;
- carry out any internal investigation; and
- make sure our clients’ business interests are protected.
With 'expertise of the highest calibre' the 'speedy and knowledgeable' health and safety team at Gateley is 'excellent all round'.
Our team are skilled at:
- crisis management in the immediate aftermath of a serious incident;
- guiding clients through the interview process;
- advising on any request for an interview under caution;
- strategically planning defence cases from the outset;
- obtaining the best possible outcome for our clients;
- avoiding prosecutions altogether;
- successful acquittals at trial;
- supporting clients through coroner’s inquest;
- supporting clients in reviewing their health and safety policies and procedures; and
- assisting clients to build a comprehensive health and safety strategy to protect their business, employees and reputation.
Crucially, we can deliver proactive support before any major issue arises. We can provide training for boards, senior managers and employees to ensure health and safety obligations are understood, as well as providing a platform for discussing the key health and safety issues affecting businesses.
Who do we help?
We advise organisations of all sizes deal with health & safety incidents and investigations.