From ongoing tax compliance to tax planning, our holistic private client service for high-net-worth and ultra-high-net-worth individuals means that, we can deal with all our clients’ private client legal and tax needs under one roof.
How do we help our clients?
Our specialist complex and high-net-worth personal tax group are industry leaders with an in-depth knowledge of legislation and HMRC practice allowing to offer clients practical advice and solutions, while also handling the various compliance and filing aspects of tax planning. We ensure our clients’ goals are achieved without unexpected UK tax issues.
We also provide a premium, client-focused complex and high-net-worth personal tax compliance service, which ensures that our clients’ tax returns and other UK filings are completed to the highest standards with appropriate disclosure being made. This means that tax planning, wealth structuring and compliance can integrate seamlessly without any concerns about miscommunications.
Our personal tax services include:
- UK personal, trust and estate planning
- UK taxation of crypto assets, both in terms of exchange tokens/ cryptocurrencies and other forms of crypto assets
- International personal tax planning
- Self-assessment tax return preparation for high net worth and ultra-high net worth individuals. Link to new tax compliance page
- Trust Registration Service (TRS) reporting
- Inheritance tax compliance work
- UK property taxation services:
- De-enveloping legal and tax advice, and the related compliance work
- Annual Tax on Enveloped Dwellings (ATED) where a UK property is held directly by a company
- Capital Gains Tax (CGT) reporting where UK residents dispose of UK residential property
- Non-resident Capital Gains Tax (NRCGT) on property disposals
- Supporting non-UK resident trusts:
- Reviewing ongoing structures to ensure they are still efficient given the changes to the UK tax legislation over the past 15 years
- Advising on the legal and UK tax issues with respect to planned structures
- Specific advice with respect to the UK anti-avoidance provisions
- Ongoing compliance for trusts within UK self-assessment (for example, where they receive UK property income)
- Computing relevant income pools, offshore income pools and capital gains tax pools
- Interactions with HMRC:
- Regularising clients tax affairs whether under the Worldwide Disclosure Facility, the Digital Disclosure Service or otherwise
- Acting for the taxpayer with respect to: HMRC enquiry work; HMRC discovery assessments; and more serious HMRC investigations into a client’s tax affairs.
Who do we help?
Our focus is on high-net-worth and ultra-high-net-worth individuals. We have a diverse client base including UK and international clients, entrepreneurs, and clients with inherited wealth.