Public inquiries are vital when it comes to making decisions about the future of our cities, towns and countryside.
Our specialist Programme Officers organise and administer an independent, cost-effective and efficient inquiry under the direction and guidance of the Inspector(s) – effectively becoming the Inspector’s ‘right-hand man’ throughout the inquiry process. The Programme Officer reports to the Inspector and is the link between them, the appellant/promoter and all other parties.
What do we do?
Public inquiries are subject to specific procedural rules depending on the project type. We offer a complete service package on public inquiries into, although not limited to, renewable energy, planning, compulsory purchase orders, transport and highway projects: programme officers, witness training and inquiry website management.
Services that we can provide include:
- Advising on arrangements for pre-inquiry meetings and public inquiries, and offering guidance on the suitability of venue, facility requirements and optimum layout.
- Providing experienced Programme Officers as an independent link between the inspector, the appellant/promoter and other interested parties.
- Producing the optimum inquiry timetable and providing administrative support to the inspector, where required, throughout the public inquiry process.
The leading providers of Programme Officers and it's easy to see why they give an effective and personal service at an affordable cost.
- Offering fully integrated administrative office support to the appellant/promoter before, during and after an inquiry, including the posting of statutory site notices.
- Organising training of expert witnesses in presentation of evidence and proof writing.
- Creating, maintaining and publishing dedicated websites for individual inquiries at gateleyhamer-pi.com; the websites becoming the online library of documents submitted to the inquiry.
Who do we help
We advise government agencies, local authorities, promoters, private organisations and private individuals.